Re: speed based replacement instead of LRU based

From: Tim Cockle <T.Cockle@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 13:38:30 +0100

There are several replacement algorithms that do this. Perhaps the simplest and
most commonly known is the Greedy Duel.

The basic idea is this:
Set the value of new object to fetch time.
When the next object is to be placed in the cache evict the object of least value
AND reduce the value of all objects by the value of that evicted object.
If and object is hit reset it to it's original value.

Here we get a recently/frequency term and a download cost term

I have references to this and other algorithms if you want.

Tim