Re: Squid is slower on FreeBSD 3.x?

From: SO Kwok Tsun <ktso@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:09:48 +0800

After some experiment, I notice that FreeBSD 3.4 machines with soft
update on and squid 2.2 work much better than squid 2.3.

The one with FreeBSD 2.2 is faster than the others. However, I notice
that the LRU of that squid is not so normal. It is about 6 to 7 days
with 3.5G cache while other squid have only 1 to 2 days with 7G cache.
The disk activities of that machine is much smaller too. I guess that
the faster one cache much less than the others. I am still wondering
the reasons behind.

So K T