Re: Squid processes

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 22:08:52 +0200

1. Daemon watcher (runs as root)
2. Master daemon (runs as squid / nobody)
3. unlinkd (runs as squid / nobody)

The daemon watcher makes sure the proxy is running, even if it should
crash by one reason or another.

The master daemon is the one which does all the processing

unlinkd is used by the "ufs" store to remove files without having to
wait for each removal to complete.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker