[SQU] Need big help with squid making the HDD(s) go crazy

From: Warren Smith <wsmith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 15:04:55 +1000

Hi all,
        Squid is making the HDD(s) (UW SCSI) spin like crazy and its slowing everything down. The 512 meg ram is quickly filled up when its started and all cache_dirs but one are 100% full. Ive set the reference age to 4 weeks but no objects seem to get flushed from the cache on the HDD? I really dont know where to begin to look and the User Guide etc doesnt seem to show how to look for errors like this. ANY help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks....

Regards,

Warren Smith.
Warren Smith
System Administrator - Sunet I.S.P Australia
Email: wsmith@sunet.com.au
Belmont Computer Centre Pty. Ltd.
167a High Street Belmont, Victoria, Australia
PH (03) 52411155 Fax (03) 52416187