Re: [SQU] Re : Connecting Remotely

From: Igor Plisco <igor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 16:06:41 +0400

"Vince Crismer C. Villena" wrote:

> Guys. I need help. I want to connect to my squid gateway from a remote
> location thru a modem. How Can I Do It? Do i need extra stuff. What is the
> purpose of Radius?? Do i need to configure something at the kernel?
> Help.

You need Remote Access Server too :-)

Radius authenticates you on RAS when you call it by modem. Then you are
in local net. хвед you may either go directly to Internet, or go through
gateway, maybe, with Squid. Squid may be configured to either accept al
requiests, or permit only given IPs, or ask your login/password. In last
case it may be configured to chack you password against system password,
or maybe, chech it using Radius again.

You need kernel reconfiguring in case when all traffit to 80th port is
trasparently turned to proxy with squid. You configure that in cisco,
that next hop is proxy, and in proxy you using kernel rewrite port in
packets from 80 to 3128. Internet has a lot of manuals about tarnsparent
proxiing.

Igor Plisco