Re: [SQU] LFUDA

From: Jamie Shields <J.Shields@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 15:01:42 +0100

Yeah, you need to use "--enable-heap-replacement" when you
configure squid.

I don't think there is any way to see whether it is running or not, but
I think its safe to say that if you use

  --enable-heap-replacement

when you compile squid, and

  replacement_policy LFUDA

in the squid.conf, it should work just fine. Have a look at the docs
on replacement policies to make sure this is the best choice for you.

With regards to the disk space problem, try reading this:

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-
users/199903/0370.html

Regards
Jamie

On 11 Aug 00, at 10:52, DANNY KHALIL wrote:

> I upgraded to squid version 2.3.STABLE3 since I have been running
> into this "NO Space Left ON Device"
> weird thing is that I have plenty of space when I do a "df" and
> plenty of Inodes as well...
>
> anyway... I figured to use the LFUDA replacement_policy.
>
> I could not figure out for the life of me how to enable it except in the
> squid.conf file. is there anything else I need to do at compile time?
>
> now that squid is running...how do I check if I am running LFUDA???
> from the cachemgr?
>
> thanx for any pointers.
>
> -Danny-

Jamie Shields