Re: [SQU] Secure through port 80 ???

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 22:23:46 +0200

You can't. At least not without serious coding.

Squid cannot act as a transparent proxy for SSL, and certainly not on
port 80.

Theoretically it might be possible to add code to make Squid go into
tunnel mode if the browser sends stuff which seems like SSL or other
"unknown" request formats, but no code in this direction currently
exists in Squid.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker