[SQU] Re : Couple Of Questions

From: Vince Crismer C. Villena <v_c_c_v@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun Aug 13 02:39:18 2000

Guys,

Hi there. I need to block some web sites. I added the ff. to my squid.conf :

acl site1 www.somedomain.com
http_access deny site1

Still nothing happens. I can still access the blocked domain. Another
question is how can an IRC client inside my network get out to the internet
using squid and also some of the machines have the MSN Messenger Service
which uses port 1080. MSN has two options for using proxy, one is SOCKS4 and
the other one is SOCKS5 which asks for username and password. How can the
clients using MSN get out to the internet? What is SOCKS4 and 5. Pls. Help
me regarding this. Thanks.

- Vince Villena