[SQU] Transparent proxy Problem

From: <pre@dont-contact.us>
Date: 14 Aug 2000 20:49:41 -0700

I am running Squid on RedHat linux 6.2 (the squid comes along with redhat)the same system is runnig the apache webserver also. I have made the following changed in squid.conf in order to configure transparent proxy.

httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

IP forwarding and other configuration was made by following commands.

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

ipchains -A input -p TCP -d 127.0.0.1/32 www -j ACCEPT
ipchains -A input -p TCP -d <ip address>/32 www -j ACCEPT
ipchains -A input -p TCP -d 0/0 www -j REDIRECT 3128

I am unable to brows after applying ipchains command from the cliant side. in other case the clients r using the proxy server address as their default gateway and able to bwows before applying ipchains command. I checked up with kernel parameters the transparent proxy support is made enabled by default.

The clietns are getting the "invalid url error" fro squid after I apply ipchains
command.

Any one help to find out where I have gone wrong????????

Regards
Premal.