Why the [SQU]?

From: Chris Dillon <cdillon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 19:31:50 -0500 (CDT)

Why is [SQU] suddenly being prepended to the subject lines of
messages? I'm on many, many lists and every time the subject is
brought up about wether or not to do something like that, the answer
always turns out to be "NO", usually with some pretty good reasons.

The only reason at all that I can think of having it at all is if
enough people on this list didn't know how to set up filtering rules
to place messages from this list into their own folder. I would think
setting up mail filters would be a piece of cake compared to running
Squid and administering a Unix box...

Let's not hold the hands of people who are too
incompetent/lazy/whatever to handle large amounts of mail without the
help of the list servers and disadvantage the majority of the people
on this list who actually know how to deal with it.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures. ( http://www.freebsd.org )