Re: Why the [SQU]?

From: Chris Dillon <cdillon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 08:57:38 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Craig Fels wrote:

> How, exactly, is adding [SQU] a disadvantage to anyone? It
> doesn't bother me, nor disallow me from doing ANYTHING.

Quite simply, its cruft. It adds additional noise to subject lines,
as well as lower how much useful information can be put into the
subject line since in most (all?) cases there is a visible limit.
When you get as many pieces of mail a day as I do, the subject line
makes the difference between wether I read something or delete it.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures. ( http://www.freebsd.org )