Re: Squid-2.3.STABLE status?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 08:51:22 +0200

Andres Kroonmaa wrote:

> no to which one? your latest patches are not included in stable-4 ?

Yes.

> > Almost all are in 2.4. See patch-devel.html.
>
> how stable is 2.4 currently? is it usable in limited deployment?

No idea actually. It is mostly feature frozen, but quite a bit of
optimization and testing remains before there will be a "STABLE"
release.

> there are several patches from stable-3 to stable-4 that are not
> in hno. I'm wondering if it makes more sense to take stable-4 and
> try to apply your patches manually. Or would I likely struck merge
> conflicts?

The CVS repository is up to date.

Sure, you may apply the patches manually. The snapshots is mostly a
service to people who do not want to apply all the patches individually.
When applying individual patches, start from the bottom of my list and
go upwards applying the patches you want, then apply the later patches
from the Squid-bugs page.

I don't know if there will be merge conflicts. If there are then they
should be quite easy to resolve, else ask for help and I will make a new
patch release where the conflict is resolved.

> > CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.squid.sourceforge.net/cvsroot/squid
>
> is there web access to it somewhere?

Only cvsweb browse access, not download of more than one source file at
a time.. See http://squid.sourceforge.net/CVS.html

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker