[SQU] DNS request fails when WCCP turned on

From: Rudy Komsic <rudyk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 23:40:01 -0400

Hello,

When WCCP is turned on at my Cisco Router, I get the following error
message.

----------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.squid-cache.org/

The following error was encountered:

Unable to determine IP address from host name for www.squid-cache.org
The dnsserver returned:

Name Error: The domain name does not exist.
This means that:

 The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
 Check if the address is correct.

However, when I set my browser manually to use the proxy server, I am
able to surf any page I want. Has anyone been able to determine why
this is occuring?

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this.