Re: [SQU] reconfigure (squid2.2 Stable5)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 21:08:31 +0200

Vincent Y H MAn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running squid2.2 stable 5 on redhat 6.2. I was running squid on 4
> cache_dir. When I removed a cache_dir from the conf file, and did a
> 'reconfigure', squid didn't seem to notice that the directory was gone, and
> the size of the removed cache_dir keeps growing. (beyond the bounds that I
> have set)

Probably a bug.

The reconfigure function does not detect all changes to squid.conf. I
can well imagine that removing a cache_dir will not be noticed.

Adding new cache_dir entries should work, or to change the size of
existing ones.

I always to a complete restart of Squid when I make changes to
squid.conf. Have been bitten by similar reconfigure bugs a couple of
times too many to use it..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker