Re: [SQU] redirect_rewrites_host_header

From: Toby Dickenson <mbel44@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 13:48:05 +0100

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000 21:05:34 +0200, Henrik Nordstrom
<hno@hem.passagen.se> wrote:

>If you only have a single backend server then there are a new
>"httpd_accel_single_host" option to simplify it a bit in the upcoming
>2.4 release (I don't think it is in the 2.3 release). With this option
>you can enable httpd_accel_uses_host_header, and still have all requests
>sent to the server defined in httpd_accel_host.

Yes, I only have one backend server. That server is using the Host
header to generate absolute URLs that refer back to itself.

This is a useful characteristic because everything still works if I
access the server directly, or through a different squid. This means
that the absolute URLs in the responses all to refer to the
appropriate front end server that handled the request.

I am aware of the problem of a request with a bad Host header
polluting the cache. If squid is going to rewrite the Host header, my
ideal would be for a configuration option to specify the *value* of
that header.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com