Re: Can't access a weather site

From: Jens-S. Voeckler <voeckler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 09:02:59 +0200 ((MEZ) - Mitteleurop. Sommerzeit)

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Joel TAQUEBAN wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. Is there something I need to do to resolve this
> problem?

If you are the maintainer, you might want to consider

1) using NTP to keep your server in synch
2) using a link checker on your pages to weed out stale references

If you are just using the site, you might suggest this to the admin.

> Jens-S. Voeckler wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Joel Taqueban wrote:
> >
> > ]I can't seem to access this weather site via my proxy
> > ]
> > ] http://pagasa.dyndns.org/wb/wb.htm
> > ]
> > ]However, if I try using direct connect I can readily access it. What
> > ]seems to be wrong with my proxy?
> >
> > If you use the cachability checker, all kinds of interesting results
> > appear:
> >
> > 1) the site's clock appears to be off by 21 min, 12 seconds (ahead)
> > 2) http://pagasa.dyndns.org/_themes/sumipntg/sumi1111.css
> > ERROR: Object Not Found

Le deagh dhùrachd,
Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler (voeckler@rvs.uni-hannover.de)
Institute for Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
University of Hanover, Germany; +49 511 762 4726