[SQU] Patches to stable4

From: t.clarke <tim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed Aug 23 02:48:05 2000

Postscript:

Apologies, the message below was compiled before I discovered I had to
subscribe to the list to post to it !!
I am now getting the list messages.

----
I have, today, downloaded 2.3.stable4 and installed it.  A problem has arisen
with ftp access, where icons are not being displayed.  A look at the squid site
revealed a patch to solve the problem, together with a few other patches.
However, the patches will simply not apply.
I am using '   patch  -p0  <  patch-file  '  to apply, with the patches residing
in the top-level installation directory.
For example,   the icon patch produces a src/store.c.orig file and and a
src/stor.c.rej file,   but leaves the store.c file uncchanged.   It produces
a  HUNK 1 FAILED (or smilar message).
I have identified what I beleive to be the line of code in the store.c file
that needs to be changed,  and edited it manually.   I then did a 'diff -c '
on it against the original.  The location of the change is different to that
of the downloaded patch:  530,536 against 527,533.    This may be a red herring,
but I wonder if the supplied patch files are by any chance the result of diffs
against stable3 src files instead of stable4 ??
Any pointers as to how to solve the problem would be gratefully received.
Tim Clarke
tim@seacon.co.uk