Re: [SQU] Incredibly slow httpd accel

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 00:40:12 +0200

Brian wrote:

> This does not affect all requests, though. It only seems to affect requests
> which have already been requested by others. Based on my observations this
> evening, it appears the first client to request a file sets the pace for any
> subsequent requests, even if the later ones are orders of magnitude faster.

Probably true.

> If that's the case (and if it isn't, I'd like to find out what it is), what can
> I do to fix it?

For an accelerator you probably want to remove the request windowing,
and instead have Squid suck down the reply as fast as possible from the
origin server and then push it out to the clients at their speeds.

change src/forward.c:fwdCheckDeferRead to always return 0.

Note that there is an issue in memory usage if you have very large
objects.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker