Re: [SQU] transparent proxying and https

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 17:11:05 +0200

Neale Banks wrote:

> In theory, I agree wholeheartedly. However I heard somewhere rumours of
> servers out there that use combinations of http and https and get upset
> and/or unco-operative when the http and https requests come from different
> source addresses. If there's any truth in this and http is being
> transparently proxied then there would be some motivation to try to
> transparently proxy the https also (but how?).

There exists such servers yes.

The best action there is to make routing exceptions to not transparently
proxy HTTP for these servers. You will need to do such exceptions anyway
as there are a number of sites (no I do not have a list) which does not
like being transparently proxied due to various reasons.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker