Re: [SQU] documentation problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 17:26:27 +0200

Dimitris 'sehh' Michelinakis wrote:

> Hello. I'm working on a GUI interface to configure Squid.

Nice, but I hope for your sake that you are aware that there exists a
webmin module for Squid.

> I'm stuck on some details about some options and their use. I tryed
> the documentation on the squid website, but it wasn't any help.

The authorative squid option documentation is squid.conf.default

> My problem is that i don't know the exact usage of 'multiple options'
> and which options can appear multiple times in the config.
>
> For example, http_port can appear as multiple lines like:
> http_port 123
> http_port 321
>
> although the documentation says its not like that (!) but like:
> http_port 123 321

This applies to all multivalue options. They can be written either way.

> Another example, icp_port and htcp_port are mentioned only
> once in the config, and it doesn't specify if people can use
> multiple ports like:
> icp_port 123
> icp_port 321

Only one of each are allowed for these. Also true for snmp_port.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker