Re: [SQU] add Port

From: Neale Banks <neale@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 18:15:39 +1100 (EST)

Hi Imran,

> I have never used squid b4, I have a task to add port 59000 on my proxy
> server which is running squid (Linux), can someone help please, it will be
> appreciate.

If you mean that you have an existing (working) squid happily listening on
a TCP port such as 8080 and need for it to listen on TCP port 59000 also,
then you need to modify the http_port line in squid.conf, for example
from:
        http_port 8080
to:
        http_port 8080 59000

Then tell the running squid to reload the config by running "squid -k
reconfigure".

If this is not what you're trying to do, then could you please give us a
bit more detail.

HTH,
Neale.