Re: [SQU] squid 2.2Stable5 error

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:24:19 +0200

Toivo Pedaste wrote:

> I've increased the number of file descriptors for squid running under
> linux 2.2 and also when to poll instead of select.
>
> It all seems to work but I'm getting the message in to log
> comm_poll_incoming: NULL write handler
>
> I added some debuging and it gets POLLERR on the ICP out port.
> It's successfully output on that port though. Any ideas?

It is a harmless bug, usually triggered by misconfigured or dead ICP
peers. It you have configured a ICP peer which refuses to receive the
ICP messages then this might be seen.

Fixed for later Squid releases, or there is a 2.2 patch available from
http://squid.sourceforge.net/hno/patch-2.2.html.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker