[SQU] bandwith limiting

From: Andrew Lowe <andrew@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 15:59:32 +1000

im sure ive seen this somewhere, but i cannot work out where, FAQ, Users Guid or this list, and have looked through all of them as best i can, but cannot find it... so let me know if you know where it is, or else please let me know the solution:

i have a proxy at a clients that has a 11Mb radio connection to our office, and we have a 128k ISDN to the net... they get data from us via their squid box, that uses ours as a parent. The problem is that they are sucking all of our available bandwith and our other users cannot surf the net...
How do i limit thier bandwith to 64k from our proxy... i would like them to still be able to get stuff of our proxy if it is already in the cache at 11Mb but if it is not cached then limit them to half of our bandwith...

any help would be apreciated
thanks

Andrew Lowe
andrew@pccentre.com.au
        The South Coast Professional Computing Centre
                + Hislora Website Hosting & Design
                + Daly & Daly Computer Training
                + Flatearth Internet Cafe
        Ph: 02 4423 7771