Re: [SQU] CDN - Web Site Acellerator

From: Robert Depenbrock <rd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 14:46:55 +0200

On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 09:59:05PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:

> Robert,
> please keep replies to the list.
>
> I'm not sure I follow you..
> Do you want squid to accelerate your web servers for other people, or other
> web servers when you are browsing?

I want , that squid acts like an http server.
When it recieves an url like

http://squid.cdn-company.net/somedir/www.testsite.com/bigpicture.jpg

it should fetch www.testsite.com/bigpicture.jpg
and also gives the referer (me), the picture.

I would want to do this for DNS Round-Robin Server actions.
If i had an file (or site) with reference to this, i can greatly reduce
the load of an single server.

now</a>

squid.cdn-company.net would have several DNS entries to be load balanced.
(Or like Akamai, would use some techniques to be certrain the user get to
the nearest squid).

Greetings
 Rob.

--
Sen. Network Engineer - "Jeder Tag ist ein LinuxTag"
mediascape communications AG