Re: [SQU] Squid with muliple disks or hardware stripping...

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 16:22:47 -0500

Not just questionable. RAID is BAD for Squid. It is an overall,
complete, lose for Squid loads. A search of the users archive will
probably turn up lots of good discussions about why it is so. (Common
sense will tell us why too, once one is aware that the average object
size in a Squid cache is 11kb...)

If performance is a big concern and you're running Linux, go here:

http://www.swelltech.com/pengies/joe/squidtuneup/t1.html

On the software setup page, there's even a discussion of the formula for
deciding the correct L1 and L2 directory structure.

Hope this helps.

                                  --
                     Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                 Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances