Re: [SQU] FD 23 Invalid Request - Crash

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 19:54:57 -0500

STP/1.0 is the Scour Transport Protocol. It hasn't been causing any
problems with our clients Squid's but we do see a lot of those errors.
The protocol is open, so I've been looking into implementing it in Squid
(unfortunately I suck at C so it's not going anywhere fast!). Wouldn't
it be nice to be caching all those Scour requests?

But I don't know that those STP errors are pointing to your problem (as
I said, I haven't seen any problems on several systems at ISPs). I
suspect they are unrelated to the DNS error you're seeing.

Anyway...I suspect you should look the DNS error for your crashes, but
if you are interested in more about STP:

http://www.scour.com/Software/Scour_Exchange/stp-1.0pre11.html

Someone has also written a perl Scour client that I suppose would work
well as a reference implementation for putting it into Squid. It's new
since I last visited, so I'll fetch it and give it a go and see what
happens on our test caches when we use Scour.

Good luck!

                                  --
                     Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                 Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances