[SQU] HELP REQUIRED

From: K.Deepak <kdeepak@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 14:18:34 +0530

Hi All,

                I am a newbie in squid. I have successfully installed
squid in a RedHat 5.2 linux pc. The squid version i have installed is
squid-1.1.22-2.src.rpm. Everything is working fine. now i just want an
extra feature.

See basically my internal network is 192.168.1.0. All the nodes in this
192.168.1.0 lan are allowed to browse external world via this squid. Now
i want to authenticate this browsing. Meaning if someone, browses
external world domain called hotmail.com or some foo.com, it should ask
for user name and password. This user name and password should be unique
for each and every user. The user will try to browse from any node , but
if he gives his/her user name and password, the squid should
authenticate it and it should allow him/her to browse. and most
important all this info should be logged.

TELL ME WHETHER IT IS POSSIBLE.

If yes, Please help me out in this case. Please give out the step by
step procedure as i am a newbie to squid.

Any constructive help would be highly appreciable

TIA

Regards
K.Deepak