[SQU] predictive logfile analysis

From: T. Esting <T_Esting@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 08:31:05 -0700 (PDT)

   A ways back, I thought I remembered seeing a link to some log analysis
software that would be able to predict hit rates for different cache
configurations. Specifically what I'd like to do is look at our logs and
determine how drastically I would have to change either cache_disk sizes or
refresh policies (or both) to achieve anything more than an incremental
boost in hit rates. It would be a great benefit to help cost-justify buying
that extra disk (or extra XXX MB RAM).

   Does anyone know of such a package, or was I just high when I thought I
remembered one floating out there somewhere?

   Thanks!

   T.E.