Re: [SQU] fd_table[97].rwstate + Slow Cache.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:26:36 +0200

Pat Newby wrote:

> Squid 2.2.STABLE4
>
> Two questions:
>
> (1) Can someone tell me what these messages in cache.log mean, please?
> comm_write: fd_table[97].rwstate != NULL
>
> Every so often we get several of these a second.

A bug in Squid-2.2 which usually gets triggered if you have configured a
ICP peer which refuses to receive the ICP queries (nothing listening on
the ICP port)

The error as such is quite harmless. A quick peek with cachemgr into the
cache peerings should reveal which peer it is. This peer should either
be removed from squid.conf, or the configuration fixed (locally or
remotely depending on the desired configuration type).

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker