[SQU] Squid & Sonicwall Pro

From: Evert Meulie <evert@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:30:33 +0200

Hi!

We're having the following problem here: Our network is connected to the
Internet via Sonicwall Pro. Inside our network there is a Linux machine
running Squid that takes care of all the http traffic. Sonicwall has the
option for access lists that deny users access to certain websites.
Privileged users can bypass this block by using a username/password. The
following problem comes up: As soon as a privileged user enters his
username/password he/she basically doesn't authorize his station, but
authorizes Squid to bypass the access list with the concequence that ALL
users can bypass the access list.
Is there a way for the privileged users to keep on using Squid, without
granting the whole network unlimited access?

Regards,
        Evert Meulie
Network Manager
Respond AS http://www.respond.as/