Re: [SQU] Accesed denied error

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 22:15:25 +0200

That looks like an attempt to connect to

https://www.yespc.com:1138/...

From security reasons SSL proxying to other ports than well known SSL
ports are denied. This because the proxy can otherwise easily be abused
to proxy other services such as IRC, Telnet, SMTP, or whatever else that
runs on top of TCP. Prior this has quite actively been abused by various
hackers to hide their identities.

If you want to enable it in you Squid, see SSL_Ports and Safe_Ports in
squid.conf.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker