[SQU] objects cached by squid as in the access log

From: Pranav Desai <prdesai@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 19:03:26 -0500 (CDT)

Hi all!

i have installed squid-2.3.STABLE3 on red hat Linux 6.2. I have a question
regarding the working of squid. i do not have a thorough understanding of
how squid works....i have installed squid for experimental purposes, so i
dont use it on a regular basis.....so i have a pratically empty cache....

when i access a web page for the first time the access log shows TCP_MISS
for all the objects on the page.....which is expected.
but when i access it again it should give me TCP_MEM_HIT but it still
gives me TCP_MISS ......that too for only the main page or a few
objects on that page......and not for all the objects like it did the
first time......
but for some pages on the next access it gives me TCP_IMS_HIT.......but
that is only for the main page......whereas it should have given hits for
all the objects.......if it has cached the objects.....
can anyone explain the reason for this.......

thank you

--pranav