FW: [SQU] Dynamic sites refusing connections

From: Gaal Yahas <gaal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 12:14:22 +0200

[resent due to mail problems. sorry if you get this twice]

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-7.html#7.6

Okay, I read that, but I don't think that's the cause of my problem
as the remote site is *refusing* connections (i.e., sending me
RSTs for my SYNs).

> > I suspect this is not a squid problem per se, but weird intrusion
> > detection system on the remote sites, because as I said, after I
> > initially can't access them, I can't even reach their port 80 by
> > manually telnetting there. If I could only figure out what was
> > triggering it!

> The question is who is wierd. Is it Squid doing odd things and thereby
> triggering the IDS systems, or is it the IDS systems being overly picku?

I understand. It's just difficult for me to understand what Squid might
be doing wrong. Most of these sites use SSL, but yes, I'm redirecting
port 443 too. Most of these sites have a "front door" page that issues a
HTTP redirect to another page, but I can't understand why that would
trigger an IDS to block me.

--Gaal