[SQU] dnsserver on Squid 2 stable 5

From: suresh <suresh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 15:20:36 +0530

Hi all,

I Installed Redhat 6.1 and Squid Rpm, usually for testing I do ps -ef and
see if the process is running
or not. I configured to run 10 dns children so when I run ps -ef |grep
squid I find 10 dnsservers running
and performance speed and bandwidth savings are incredible

Since my boss wanted bandwidth management I had to compile squid 2 stable5
with delay pools enabled.
I could install it successfully but when I type ps -ef |grep squid I do not
find any dnsserver running
I edited squid.conf to increase the no of children but still I could not
find dnsserver running

My observation is the name resolution is taking longer time and if type the
IP address instead of the
URL the pages getting downloaded faster with good speeds

Can anybody tell me the solution

Thanking you in advance.