[SQU] httpd-accelerator question

From: <Joseph_Vieira@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:09:05 -0400

Hello,

I have slight problem on my network and am trying to figure out if squid's
http-accelerator mode can solve it. I have a intranet web site located on my
parent companies network. Everyone in the office can access the site no
problems however now they need to be able to access this site from home. The
parent company doesn't want to do anything on there end to set this up, they
don't want people to be able to access it from the internet. Actually they
don't care either way, they just don't want to do the work. Now this office is
connected to the parent companies office and it has it's own connection to the
internet.

Can I set up squid using the http-accelerator mode so that someone from the
internet can access a intranet web site by going through the squid server.
Basically on the client machine you type in the url http://squid.something.com/
that connects you to the squid box which then contacts the intranet web server
at http://web.intranet.companyname/ gets the web page and then sends it back to
the client browser. I was reading the faq and I wasn't clear on whether squid
would just redirected the client browser to the intranet web server or if it
actually gets the page and sends it back to the client browser.

Thanks,

Joe