Re: [SQU] How to get IP address in access.log ?

From: Jens-S. Voeckler <voeckler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:55:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, root wrote:

] I'd like to write a log analysis program for squid.
] I need to know the IP address of the site the user visit.
] What should I do ? Is it possible that I modify the source code of
]SQUID and get
] a IP address "field" in the access.log ?

There is already such a patch available, which logs the IPv4 Adress in the
hierarchy tag for DIRECT destinations. All other destinations (siblings,
parents) logged in the hierarchy have addresses well known by your
application.

Either grab Henrik's patch

o Squid-2.2.STABLE5: Log destination IP on DIRECT
  http://squid.sourceforge.net/hno/patches/squid-2.2.STABLE5.log_ip_on_direct.patch

     This patch logs the destination IP as part of the hierarchy tag in
     access.log when going direct. This has been requested by a number of
     people from accounting reasons, and logging the hostname is mostly
     redundant as it is part of the URL as well.

or use a 2.3 - it seems to be part of that version?

Le deagh dhùrachd,
Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler (voeckler@rvs.uni-hannover.de)
Institute for Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
University of Hanover, Germany; +49 511 762 4726