[SQU] hostname resolution

From: William Fisher <William.Fisher@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:39:51 +0100

We use squid as supplied with Red Hat Linux 6.2.

I know very little about squid and so apologies if this question is dead
simple.

Basically I have been told that squid 'handles' the details for domain name
resolution for any request sent to it. I basically want to hardcode an
internet IP so that when squid gets say www.a.com it can resolve it to the
IP I want rather than consulting some name server. I'm thinking some local
hosts file but I know not how squid handles any of this. Any quick
pointers? I've had a look at the squid web-site docs and FAQ's but time is
not on my side.

Any help greatly appreciated, even it is just to let me know that the answer
IS on FAQ!

Regards,
        William