YNT: [SQU] Squid and listening UDP ports

From: Ilker Gokhan <IlkerG@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 18:04:51 +0300

If you dont have neighbour squids (parent/sibling etc) on your network, you
dont already need to use UDP that is used by ICP query. Turn the icp_port
off...

Best regards,
Ilker G.

Kimden: Randy Bey [mailto:Randy.Bey@sysnet-solutions.com]
Tarih: Wednesday, September 27, 2000 5:28 PM
Kime: 'squid-users@ircache.net'
Konu: [SQU] Squid and listening UDP ports

Greetings,
I am using squid on our firewall instead of (or in accompaniment to) TIS
toolkit.

My concern is that squid listens on UDP ports (seemingly at random,
sometimes even *!) on all interfaces.

I do NOT want squid open for business on the outside interface.

How do I shut down, or at least restrict to a particular interface, squid's
UDP ports?

Thanks in advance,
Randy Bey