Re: [SQU] Squid and listening UDP ports

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 23:22:09 +0200

Squid by defaults listens for ICP port 3130. This can be disabled by
setting icp_port to 0 in squid.conf, or restricted to a specific
interface by setting the udp_incoming_address.

Apart from this Squid also has a DNS resolver which opens a UDP port to
be able to receive responses to DNS lookups. This too should be
controlled by the udp_incoming_address option I think..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker