[SQU] RealMedia Through Squid WITH AUTHENTICATION

From: Crane, Ray <Ray.Crane@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 17:37:22 -0400

 Making RealAudio/RealVideo work through Squid has been discussed
 a million times, and the answer is a pretty simple one: You must tell
 the player to use HTTP only. Now, *MY* question is, and I hope this one
 hasn't been answered a million times, can the Real player work with Squid
 if Squid is configured to require Proxy-Auth? As a matter of policy, the
 proxy I run requires users to authenticate. As far as I can tell,
RealPlayer
 falls on its face when challenged for Proxy-Auth. Has anybody conquered
 this one?

/Ray