[SQU] Newbie needs help...problems with squid proxy

From: Iris C. Ting <irist@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 15:34:01 +0800

Could anybody please tell me where I can find the syslog file...I recently
installed squid 2.3.STABLE4.

we edited the following...

http_port
cache_mem
maximum_object_size
cache_dir ufs
replacement_policy
http_access
cache_effective_user
cache_effective_group

we don't have much problem with earlier versions of squid but right now,
squid doesn't work anymore...in the FAQ, it says check the syslog and
cache.log files..I checked the cache.log file and saw some entries
there...one which says "ready to server request"...but when we tried
accessing a site from some of our workstations, it doesn't respond and the
access.log remains to be 0.
what could be the problem???...please help....

Thanks...

Iris