Re: [SQU] Controlling Winnt User access

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 00:12:07 +0200

Sure, by using authentication.

The base Squid distribution unly supports basic authentication where the
user is requested to enter a username+password (which then can be
verified against a Windows NT domain or whatever username+password based
service).

On squid.sourceforge.net you can find a version of Squid which also
supports Microsoft NTLM authentication to have the authentication
transparent to the users when using Microsoft IE browsers..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker