Re: Squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 08:36:36 +0200

Bill Johnson wrote:

> I subscribe to a Satcom satellite service. This is a one way service
> with uplink by dial-up. They appear to have Squid as a proxy and
> publicly only allow http and ftp. The proxy address is
> 198.67.9.21:8080 or 198.67.9.23:8080 . I have been able to configure
> Real Player to use http.

Not a Real Player user myself, but this is done by going into the player
preferences, and entering the proxy information and disable all methods
except for HTTP.

> I have run out of ideas on how to get nntp through Squid.

Squid is not a NNTP proxy.

Concact Satcom and ask them to provide a nntp service. They quite likely
do already but it might need to be subscribed separately from the
HTTP/FTP service.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker