[SQU] Caching with proxies

From: Laurent Broqué <lbroque@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 16:58:31 +0200

Hello,

I have my SQUID proxy which have a parent Proxy (in the squid.conf file, i
have : 'cache_peer parent_name.fr parent 80 7 connect-timeout=30 no-query
default login=ZeLogin:psw').

For some request in the parent_name.fr domain, I don't want to cache
anything, neither in SQUID (my local proxy), nor in the parent PROXY.

In order to not cache locally, I use the instructions :
'acl parent_domain dstdomain parent_domain.fr'
'never_direct deny parent_domain'
But how to bypass the caching in the parent cache ???
If I would use a browser directly connected to the parent_proxy via a modem
(for example), I would put *.parent_proxy.fr in the listbox 'exeptions' of
the dialog box 'Proxy parameters' in the 'LAN parameters' dialog box (IE
5.0).

Well : i could i do with the use of SQUID ??

Thanks
Laurent Broqué
C/o EUROLUM
15, rue du Louvre