[SQU] When does squid remove stale entries?

From: Alejandrina Pattin <sikkandra@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 19:54:47 -0400 (EDT)

Hi squidders,

We are trying to prevent squid from removing stale entries so we can keep
the cache contents 'stable' for a while (a week or so). (The reasons for
wanting this are too long to explain :)) BTW, while the cache is in this
state, no new requests will be made so the cache won't grow.

I was looking at store.c's storeMaintainSwapSpace which appears to do the
cleanup on a regular basis whether the cache is full/nearly full or not, but
a test did not confirm it. (I changed the system date to be a month in
advance to observe any removals, but none showed up in cache.log). The
reasoning was: If storeMaintainSwapSpace were the right place, we can
prevent it from being invoked (from main.c) with a conf parameter and the
cache would be unchanged for as long as we want.

Two questions:

(a) Is storeMaintainSwapSpace the right place?
(b) Is there any other way to prevent squid from cleaning up the stale
entries?

Thanks, gurus!