Re: [SQU] How allow some sites

From: Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:18:22 -0700 (PDT)

Marcos,

That is indeed possibe!! In your squid.conf file there
is a section called http_allow "gooddomain". The file
"gooddomain" is the file that contains a list of all
the sites that one is allowed to go to.

Similarly (near the same point in the squid.conf as
http_allow) is a http_deny "baddomain". Once again
create a file called "baddomain" in which contains the
sites that one is not allowed to goto. Once this has
been updated, you can type at the command prompt:

squid -k reconfigure

and then that should work.
If you have any questions, I can be contacted on the
following address:

Thomas_adam16@yahoo.com

Regards,

Thomas Adam

--- Marcos Dutra <macdutra@cepa.com.br> wrote: > Hi,

> I would like how to allow some sites in example:
> Allow - www.altavista.com, www.yahoo.com,
> www.google.com, www.debian.org
> And deny all other sites, this is possible?
>
> Thanks
>
> Marcos Dutra
>

> --
> "Linux was made by foreign terrorists to take money
> from true US companies
> like Microsoft." - Some AOL'er.
> "To this end we dedicate ourselves..." -Don
> -- From the sig of "Don", don@cs.byu.edu
>
> --

=====
Thomas Adam
Linux Co-ordinator for The Purbeck School

e-mail (school): n6tadam@users.purbeck.dorset.sch.uk
e-mail (yahoo) : thomas_adam16@yahoo.com