[SQU] Bandwidth utilization

From: Michael Baird <mike@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:40:11 -0400

I'm trying to set up some Squid SNMP monitoring scripts to identify
cache effectiveness. Currently I've figured out how to figure out
reguest hit ratio/byte hit ratio and graph them with MRTG, I'm now
trying to get come up with a way to measure how much bandwidth savings
the cache is creating. I guess I'm just looking for a formula to figure
this out, unless squid already has a direct variable. I would like to
graph this with MRTG in the form of Kb/s similar to how I graph my T1
utilization, I'm pretty adept with MRTG and can get it in graphable
form, I just need to know what SQUID variables to look at to do so, any
pointers or allready existing Graph's measuring this I can look at would
be appreciated (sort of like anemone's sample screenshot, well exactly
like it).

Regards
MIKE