Re: [SQU] acl allow and deny, is it order dependent?

From: Mark Worsdall <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 01:00:02 +0100

In message <009d01c03895$6a00e520$3345b2d5@gumblfarz.de>, Ilja Pavkovic
<illsen@gumblfarz.de> writes
>Hi,
>
>> http_access deny deniedsites
>> http_access allow allowedsites
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>this means, that everyone can access sites matching "allowedsites". The
>latter rule with password authentification and restricted access time is
>passed by this rule.
>> http_access allow noporn all
>> http_access deny porn
>> http_access allow all okTime password
>> http_access deny all
>
>The following will do the job:
>http_access deny deniedsites
>http_access deny porn
>http_access allow all okTime password allowedsites
>http_access allow all okTime password noporn
>http_access deny all
>
>"http_access deny all".
>

>> Meaning there is no need for:-
>>
>> acl weTime time AS 00:00-23:59
>> acl amTime time MTWHF 00:00-08:59
>> acl pmTime time MTWHF 18:30-23:59
>yes.

The allowed sites is meant to allow access to those sites anytime
(basically the auto connection of seti@home for uploading and
downloading of seti data units) and the other address is to ensure
access to internal website address's, so I don't have to put them in
each browsers by proxy list.

So allowedsites should go before denied sites.

Bingo, I just know they are going to ask me tomorrow to allow certain
users from certain machines outside normal access hours to be given
access.

I am feeling confident now:-)

Thanks all of ye.

M.

--
He came from Econet - Oh no, I've run out of underpants :(
Home:- jaydee@wizdom.org.uk       http://www.wizdom.org.uk