Re: [SQU] Truncated FileMaker Pro Query

From: Charles Bruneteau <charles.bruneteau.sysicom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 14:58:36 +0200

Merton Campbell Crockett wrote:

> I am using Squid 2.2STABLE5 in what is to all intents and purposes a default
> configuration. The modifications to the sample configuration file deal with
> which proxy to query based on the domain specified in the URL.
>
> I have run into a problem with the following FileMaker Pro query that I
> excerpted from the web page.
>
> <A HREF="http://www-eol2.mtv.gtegsc.com:591/pir/FMPRO?
> -db=PIR%20Database&-Lay=web_new&-Format=pir_new.htm&-View">
> Submit a Process Improvement Request (PIR)</A>
>
> The problem that occurs is that when a user clicks on the anchor the query
> is truncated when the user's browser is configured to use a Squid proxy.
> Squid truncates the URL at the end of the "FMPRO?" string and fails to send
> the FileMaker Pro command line arguments.

Hi

Are you looking at logs in access.log in order to say that squid doesn't include
these parameters ?
By default squid does not log the parameters ; see "strip_query_terms" TAG in
your squid.conf.
However this does not mean that squid strips the parameters before forwarding
the request; you should add dome debug in your squid.conf and look in cache.log
what really happens.

Charles Bruneteau