[SQU] strange shutdown problem

From: Dana Gourley <danagourley@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 10:22:22 EDT

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a silly shutdown problem.

the symptoms: start squid using "squid -N -D -d1" so that I can see
some response from squid. When I ask for an immediate shutdown "squid -k
shutdown", it doesn't respond. However, the next time I try using a browser
to access squid it says the program is in the process of shutting down, and
then Squid halts normally. Otherwise Squid does work properly, as far as I
can tell by just browsing through it.

Squid is not configured exotically but I did enable the time hack and the
dl-malloc when compiling Squid. I am using squid2.3.STABLE4 on Linux Redhat
6.2.

Would anyone like to hazard a guess why this shutdown problem occurs?

Thanks in advance
Dana